EHRD – Rotterdam the Hague Airport
- All VFR flights within Rotterdam CTR must file a flightplan.
- For all VFR flights in the CTR, permission is required from Rotterdam Tower.
- VFR flights must be executed via the arrival/departure routes, unless otherwise instructed by ATC.
- Pilots shall execute strictly the published circuit, unless otherwise instructed by ATC.
- Standard circuitheight for inbound VFR traffic is 1000ft AMSL. Standard height for VFR trainingcircuit is 500ft AMSL
- Marked areas must be avoid.
- ILS-area: VFR flights within the CTR can be instructed by ATC to stay clear of this area.
Visual departure procedures
Before engine start-up, the pilot first must have obtained “start-up clearance”. This clearance can be obtained by contacting Rotterdam ground and shall be given directly or dependant on traffic density at a fixed time.
A request for start-up contains:
- Aicraft identification and type
- Request engine start-up
Pilot: “Rotterdam Ground, PHHTM, Cessna 182, In front of jet center, Information ‘J’, VFR to Seppe, Request start-up.”
- MIKE Departure.
After departure follow the VFR-route via OSCAR (or ABM OSCAR) to MIKE and maintain 500m on the right side of the railway. Climb to 1000ft AMSL.
- ROMEO Departure.
After departure follow the VFR-route via OSCAR (or ABM OSCAR) and FOXTROT to ROMEO and maintain 500m on the right side of the highway. Climb to 1500ft AMSL.
- HOTEL Departure.
After departure follow the VFR-route via TANGO, SIERA to WHISKEY in the direction of HOTEL. Climb to 1000ft AMSL.
(Only with permission from ATC. This VFR route will lap with RTM VOR-radial 272.)
- For other directions.
Departure instructions will be given by ATC.
Visual arrival procedures
- Before entering the CTR, contact Rotterdam TWR in advance.
- The CTR must be entered via MIKE at 1000ft AMSL, via ROMEO at 1500ft AMSL or via WHISKEY at 1500ft AMSL (HOTEL Arrival only with permission from ATC. This VFR-route will lap with RTM VOR-radial 272).
- Pilots can be assigned to hold above the following points: ROMEO, FOXTROT, ABM MIKE, ABM OSCAR, WHISKEY, SIERA or TANGO.
- When instucted to approach via ABM PAPA, the following rules are active:
- Join the circuit by ATC instructions
- Maintain 1000ft AMSL (MIKE arrival) ot 1500ft AMSL (ROMEO arrival)
- After passing ABM PAPA, cross the runway in the middle and join the circuit at the instructed downwind.
- In case of a “missed approach” enter the regarding traffic-circuit and report to ATC
VFR traffic circuits
RWY 06: A lefthand circuit at 1000 ft AMSL.
RWY 24: A righthand circuit at 1000 ft AMSL, maintain 1000 ft AMSL till the turn to base.
Note: For flight technical reasons, pilots can be instructed to extend the downwind leg.
Prior to entering the CTR contact Rotterdam TWR on 118.20
Pilot: “Rotterdam TWR, PHHTM”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, Rotterdam TWR, go ahead”
Pilot: “PTM, Cessna 182, VFR, inbound ROMEO, information A received, for landing”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, ROMEO arrival, runway 24, report OSCAR”
Pilot: “ROMEO arrival, runway 24, will report OSCAR, PTM”
Pilot: “PTM approaching OSCAR, maintaining 1500 feet”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM would you like to proceed via PAPA or straight to final 24, please advise”
Pilot: “Straight in will be appreciated, PTM”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, roger. After OSCAR descend 1000 feet and proceed direct to final 24. Report final”
Pilot: “After OSCAR, descending 1000 feet, will report final 24, PTM”
Pilot: “PTM, final 24 maintaining 1000 ft”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, cleared to leave 1000 ft, number two”
Pilot: “Leaving 1000 ft, roger, PTM”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, runway 24 cleared to land, winds 270/8 knots”
Pilot: “Cleared to land 24, PTM”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, landing time on the hour, vacate first left and follow the marshaller”
Pilot: “Wilco, PTM”
Pilot: “PTM, at the jet center, request switch off”
EHRD_TWR: “PTM, switch off approved”
Pilot: “Switching off, bye bye”
From other directions pilots can except the same procedures. A straight in approach is not always possible. The route will be via PAPA and than over the field. Or from the west after TANGO to join the circuit.