Rating requirements Delivery controller
To control Schiphol Delivery you have to:
- Be a member of Dutch VACC or have obtained visiting controller status.
- Observe for a minimum of 20 hours.
- Successfully complete the Student 1 test.
- Know the relevant theory that is available on the controllers section of the website.
- Demonstrate that you have mastered the theory through one of the following ways:
- Passing the Delivery test (in one attempt).
- Completing (at least one) mentor session with a mentor in the mentor program.
General knowledge (related to S1 rating)
- Being able to set up, configure and connect to the VATSIM network.
- Having a basic understanding of the role of an air traffic controller.
- Showing an understanding of the specific responsibilities of the Clearance
- Showing an understanding of situations and anticipating developments and
- Being able to prioritise communication.
- Using the correct radio telephony (R/T).
- Being able to work with flight strips, tags, and flight plans.
- Understanding and being able to explain basic features of IFR and VFR.
- Working with a professional attitude and behaviour.
- Mastery of the NATO phonetic alphabet.
- Being able to correctly identify a calling flight after a call, without significant delay.
- Applying the relevant flight rules correctly for airway clearance.
- Identifying errors in a flight plan and providing a correct alternative.
- Processing adjustments and changes in the flight plan and the departure list.
- Providing a VFR startup clearance.
- Understanding METAR.
- Knowledge about routes, characteristics, and structure of the (Schiphol) airspace.
- Choosing correct runway combinations and a distribution of SIDs over the
- Correctly transferring aircraft to the next position.
- Consulting and coordinating with other air traffic controllers (GND, TWR, and
APP) as needed.
Minimum online time
- 15 hours
Promotion to the next position
- When the above mentioned requirements are met.
- When the trainee can demonstrate sufficient mastery of the theory in a mentor